Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"F as in Sam"

Having a unique name has it challenges, namely (pun somewhat intended!) when you're trying to make an appointment or reservation. Usually after several attempts at "Dawn" (must be my southern accent?), I automatically begin spelling our last name. It goes a little something like this:

"M as in mother, A, K, O, F as in Frank, S as in Sam, K, I"

Only today when I was spelling it, I spazzed out and said, "F as in Sam" which I'm sure confused the lady on the either end of the phone. I didn't realize I had done it until I started in with "S as in..." wait a minute, didn't I already say Sam? I began to laugh, apologized and then corrected myself. I bet she's wondering what kind of nut-job doesn't even know how to spell their name? Guess you had to be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment