Friday, February 27, 2009

My first NCAA Convention

I had the opportunity to attend the NCAA Convention in Washington, D.C. this past January. While it was below freezing my friend Robyn and I weren't going to let our time go to waste. We spent about 5 hours one afternoon doing as much as we could in the city. We each had on layers of clothes and were freezing the majority of the time, but it was a BLAST! The day we were flying home, we got up very early and took off for the Capitol. We were fortunate to get a tour pass since we didn't have a pre-arranged tour set up. We were there days before the inauguration and I missed U2's performance by hours! We were fortunate to not have any flight delays due to weather or heightened security. I was so happy to see Jeff and Jacob waiting for me at the Birmingham airport. I missed them both a lot! Here are some pictures from my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment