Thursday, February 18, 2010

# 2

Jacob's going to be a big brother! We are having our second child! We found out on January 27th that I was pregnant. We waited until we had our first doctor's appointment before we "spilled the beans" to everyone. During our ultrasound, we got to see AND hear the baby's heartbeat! That was so exciting and unexpected. We didn't get to hear Jacob's heartbeat until our 12 week appointment. My due date is September 29th and I'm measuring three days ahead. My doctor told me I would have to have a c-section again and she would schedule it the week before my due date, so between the 19th & 22nd. It's funny because Jacob was born on my brother, Brent's, birthday and my parent's anniversary and baby # 2 has a strong possibility of being born on Jeff's brother, Todd's, birthday, September 20th! Apparently, we can't have a child that has their own birthday!

I have "all-day sickness" but am managing. It is bad but hasn't been as bad as it was with Jacob so that is a blessing. Hopefully this time around it will only be the first trimester instead of the entire pregnancy! Also, my doctor told me that I only have a 10% chance of developing preeclampsia this pregnancy. That's a lot lower than I thought it would be. Turns out my chances for my first pregnancy were only 15%. I feel healthier than before so maybe it will all work out.

Keep us in your prayers, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment